The 4th of July is one of the most-celebrated events in the United States. Certainly, anyone can celebrate it along with the Americans. Here are four ways on how you can celebrate this even with them:
Watch Movies about United States’ Independence Day
There are tons of movies that you can see to get a better understanding of one of the most-celebrated events of America. Here are some of them:
- Saving Private Ryan - this movie starred Tom Hanks and Matt Damon and tackles the great destruction and heroism of war. Captain John Miller (Tom Hanks) promised a mother who has already lost three of his sons in battle, that he will bring back her last son, Private Ryan (Matt Damon), who has been trapped behind enemy lines.
- Hamilton - written by Lin Manuel-Miranda tells the story of Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, told with a combination of storytelling and hip-hop.
- Captain America: The First Avenger - before Avengers have been formed, saving humanity from enemies, Cap has been doing a patriotic battle of his own -- fighting the Nazis.
Indulge in some classic American food
- Apple pie – the classic American dessert. If you are craving for something sweet, definitely give this a try!
- Hamburger – sesame seed buns, beef patty, tomato, lettuce, and cheese. The classic hamburger. What’s good about this American staple is you can add anything that you would like: bacon, mayonnaise, ketchup, beetroot – anything, according to your liking
- Fried chicken – there is not nothing as sinful as deep-fried chicken, that has that crunch and oozing with juiciness. Some prefer pairing this with chips or waffles
- Hotdogs – another American classic. You can fry it, barbecue it, or put it on bread. It is also customisable like hamburger, you can add ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, and even onion and/or relish.
- Pancakes – this is the classic American breakfast served with butter and maple syrup. But this should not solely be consumed only every breakfast because it’s softness and sweetness definitely make it one of the best comfort foods
Go camping in the backyard
Since we cannot go out due to lockdown, why not spend 4th of July at the comfort of our homes by setting a campfire in our backyard and making some s’mores (toasted marshmallows and a layer of chocolate placed between two pieces of graham cracker). If going outside is not your thing, why not set a fort (made up of curtain rods, chair, blankets, and sheets) of your own. Throw in some pillows for added coziness. This is a perfect spot to be in while watching some of the American movies on Independence Day, as suggested above.
Celebrate it with a toast
Whether you are an American, an Australian, an Asian, or any other nationality, everybody can celebrate this day. As a way of celebrating 4th of July, Hello Drinks is offering a special promotion on its American whiskeys.
You will receive 10% off on orders over $99 and free Metro shipping Across Australia on orders over $150, Code: HELLOFREEDOM, ends 4th July Midnight Sydney Time.
Don't forget, you can Afterpay / Zip your drinks!